Resources for Dreamers

We encourage you to contact the University of Utah’s Dream Center's Director, Alonso R. Reyna Rivarola.

Resources for Undocumented Students

Resources for Undocumented Students – Current and Prospective

Undocumented students attending institutions of higher education in the state of Utah are required to pay out-of-state tuition. However, House Bill 144 allows qualifying students to attend Utah universities and colleges by paying in-state tuition despite not having Utah residency status.

Qualifications or HB 144

Undocumented students must meet the following requirements below to qualify for the HB 144 tuition waiver:

  1. They must be admitted as a student to the University of Utah
  2. They must have attended high school in the state of Utah for three or more years
  3. They must have graduated from a Utah high school or attained the equivalent of a high school diploma prior to the start of the term (i.e. GED)
  4. They cannot have registered for college classes prior to the Fall of the 2002-2003 academic school year
  5. They cannot have their first enrollment at an institution of higher education outside of the Utah System of Higher Education
  6. They must have filed an application to legalize their immigration status or will file an application as soon as they are eligible

Upon meeting the requirements, students must submit a HB 144 Affidavit, which can be accessed through this link: and must be mailed to:

The University of Utah
Office of Admissions
201 South 1460 E. Room 250S
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-9057

If you have questions regarding HB 144, contact:

Todd Taylor, Admissions Counselor

Whether you qualify for HB 144 or not, we highly encourage you check out our Scholarships and Fellowships Database, which includes funding opportunities for students who are undocumented and DACA recipients.

Scholarships-Fellowships (Download: Excel File)

For more information, check out the following links for more resources and information: